Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apex wiring

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you need to buy a wire harness? Can you use a GRT eis? or would it be worth getting one of these? http://bdturnkeyengines.com/yamaha-apex

1 person likes this

Posted

Those sure look interesting to me.  I spent sometime looking into 2012 Apex harness.

I just completed putting EFI on my 912 ULS.  EVEN With a “plug and play” setup it is still a big job.

If I was still considering the Apex I would go with this personally.

Posted

Bryan Dacus gets the tune spot on, and provides a top shelf EMS for Yamaha conversions.  Just a matter of if ya got the budget for it ;)

There are cheaper ways but you would have some more DIY to deal with.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Yamma Fox, any idea if Bryan does the phazer wire ect yet? Just picked up a wrecked phazer for my KF 0038 conversion, and do like Teals gearbox but think its out of my price range, ill probably do an adaptor to use my Cbox. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Yamma Fox, any idea if Bryan does the phazer wire ect yet? Just picked up a wrecked phazer for my KF 0038 conversion, and do like Teals gearbox but think its out of my price range, ill probably do an adaptor to use my Cbox. 

Yep i like the c box and the option for the rk400, so id go that route.  Contact Ben Kairys over in the FB group for that adapter, Ian Bange for the wire harness, and William Langford if you need the mount and header.

Posted

Right on thanks, ben tryin to get ahold of Ian, I like William's header$750 and mount$1200 but as i have a jig for model 1 i think ill set up and build my own to save a buck to spend it else where on the repower project, and have all winter to build stuff. Think the $550 for the wireing rebuild and computer programing is very fair with Ian. Ill check out Ben havent c his stuff yet but that really first part a guy needs to b able to setup prop centerline. Thanks Buddy!!! 

1 person likes this