Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

hi there

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there just joined

I have bought an Avid mk4 Aerobat but it had the stole's extensions fitted in 2014.

I bought this plane sight unseen as I was in hospital at the time and was looking for  good wing fold aircraft unfortunately this one isn't as good as I was led to believe, either that or I have been flying all wrong for the last 15 years lol.

The plane seems to be flying tail down and behind the drag curve elevator trim is sitting around 35 to 40 degrees down when set to Neutral????

Plane flying at 60 knots at 2300 rpm (jabiru 2200) and descending obviously mushing all over the place

any help ideas would be most appreciated

Posted

I have over 500 hrs flying an Avid MK IV with a jabiru engine.  I usually cruise at 2800-2850.  You are running the engine way to slow in my opinion.  The Jabiru redline is 3300, so at 2300 you are running at only about 2/3 rpm of what is perhaps available.  Ever try to fly a 65 HP continental at 1550 rpm.  About the same thing.  Run higher rpms and see what that does for you.  Also, try adding just a touch of flaps if the increased rpm isn't giving you what you want, that will push the nose down.  And by the way, welcome to the group.  Got any pictures?  JImChuk