Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Last day of ski flying?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Well the weather has sure warmed up early this year.  It got up to 52 today, and there was still enough snow to use the skis one more time this year.  Tomorrow is going to be warm again, and the bare spots will get bigger, and it will all turn to slush.  So unless it gets back to a normal winter in Mn, I will have to wait for the strip to dry off so I can put the wheels back on.  Ended up having a nice flight this evening while it lasted, I've put over 12 hrs on the Kitfox in the last 2 weeks.   Even made a bit of a cross country this weekend.  I sure am liking the Kitfox with the 912, I do need to put a trim tab on the rudder, but it's doing pretty good none the less.  I did get a couple of pics this evening.  Nothing fancy, but it is what it is.....JImChuk

20210308_180115.jpg

20210308_173903 (2).jpg

2 people like this

Posted

60º here today and rain tonight.  I think we're done, too...

Posted (edited)

Watching the weather report tonight, we are supposed to get 6-10" of snow tomorrow night.  Maybe we will be back in business for a while.  I think last year I flew on skis on April 22 .  We hit 60 today in Hibbing also.  Broke a record by 5 degrees.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this