Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Minnesota "Skiplaning"

9 posts in this topic

Posted

3.2 on the clock today, out bouncing lakes with Jim C.  Most perfect weather and conditions!  Lake hopping, BS "ing", and lunch in the sun at 40F.

Awesome day!  Thanks again Jim!

20210303_115915.jpg

20210303_115837.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-03-19-39-58.png

4 people like this

Posted

Oh and beautiful plane Jim!  You were making me work the "floatplane heavy" model 5 and Yamaha fully to keep up with that light little puppy! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes it was a fun day.  And when I got home, I went and flew for another hour.  Even played with the auto pilot a tiny bit, but couldn't really figure out how to set it up from memory.  And I didn't bring the paper work along.  Great day!  JImChuk

DSCN0316.JPG

DSCN0309.JPG

Edited by 1avidflyer
2 people like this

Posted

awesome guys looks like lots of fun

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys are making us all wish we were there.  Beautiful!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys,  it was lots of fun.  I got some more time in the Kitfox this evening.  Hoping to fly down to Mille Lacs lake on Saturday for Iceport 2021 flyin.  Skis or wheels, land on the big lake.  Not much snow left on the lakes now, but I can't get off my strip on wheels yet.   link below.  JImChuk

(1) CreateLift Aviation LLC - Posts | Facebook

Posted

Well my flying partner and I flew the Kitfox and Chief 100 miles down to lake Milles Lacs for the Iceport flyin.  He brought his 8 or 9 year old boy along who had a wonderful time, and fell asleep on part of the way home.  Thermals and all.  About 150 other planes.  Real nice day.  About 40+ for temps.  Light wind.  It was so nice that when we got back to my place, we took a break and then flew till dark.  Only saw one other Kitfox there, big wheels, shock monster gear, and a Revmaster VW engine under the cowl.  Never saw him take off, so have no idea how it performed.  It did look nice though.  The picture doesn't show half of the planes, and ofcourse there is the Chief and Kitfox that live in my hangar.  Kitfox with the big tires is the one with the VW engine.  

20210306_113721.jpg

20210306_125212 (2).jpg

20210306_122125.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

At work yesterday or I would have met up with you guys.   

But did get a full day of flying around home on Fri.   Also took my 9YO boy up.  He wanted to "scout some camping spots" and he found one on a small island on an uninhabited remote lake (in pic below) that we apparently are flying back to "ASAP" to "camp for two nights"!

20210305_163704.jpg

20210305_161024.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Very neat; that will be a fun "Alone" (sort of) outing!

1 person likes this