Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you guys with Rotax 670 run clutch's in your gear box?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I was wondering if you guys are running with the RK400C clutch in your C Drive reductions?  I have a 670, with a 3.0 ratio in the C Drive and  it's been years since I ran it due to health reasons but now I'm trying to finish the project that I started. I found that on start up, the 670 shakes pretty hard, swinging that 72 inch Warp drive prop but smoothens out by me adding primer and some throttle to get it to run/idle smoothly.

My prop is 10 to 11lbs, which was recommended to me by Warp Drive. I think that shaking is awful hard on the motor, the drive assembly and even feel it in the whole airframe. 

So aside from asking if you guys run clutch's, what gear ratio, what prop model, size and weight are you guys using?  Do you guys switch to a heavier rubber donut isolator?

Do you guys suffer with the heavy vibration on start up and shut down like I do? 

Thanks for any info you can share. 

Posted

I sure love my rk.  I'm using it on a different motor but I'd highly recommend giving it a try.

I bet you'll not want to go back to the hardy disk.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just started my new Rotax Rick 670 with C-box 3:1 and 3-blade 72" Power fin. I've been running it for 1 hour now and I also think it shakes quite a lot at startup and at idle. I guess I just have to stay above 2500rpm. I will try to turn out the air idle needle.

I would love to have a clutch bit the weight penalty is not ok on my Avid Flyer mod C.

Posted

I'm not sure on the 670, but often the idle jet is a bit rich on the 582, and a smoother idle is obtained with a leaner idle jet.  JImChuk

1 person likes this