Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting started in Indiana

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Just introducing myself. Recently acquired a just-started C Model Avid kit from a member of this forum. He was awesome to deal with and very knowledgeable about the aircraft. He shared all he could in the short time we had to inspect the kit before loading up and heading home but there are still questions that I'm sure I'll need answered. Hopefully members will be able to help me out along the way. The kit came complete with a Rotax 582 gray head still pickled in the crate and gear for both tri and tail (going with the conventional gear). This was an aerobat speedwing kit but after reading (a lot) about the speedwing, I plan to extend the spars (or make new) and fabricate ribs to the Riblett GA30-613.5 airfoil scaled to a 44" chord. I borrowed the Kitfox flaperon mounting method which placed the flaperon where it would be (relative to the spars) if built on the original ribs. I have attached a drawing if anyone cares to comment. Please let me know if you see any potential problems with this.

Thanks,

Dean 

C-MOD WING SECTION.pdf

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi,

Good to have you on here. There are a lot of knowledgable people here on this forum, and a few that are just plane nuts.
It looks like a good project you have there. People here are awesome about helping out in all kinds of ways. Parts, information, and lots of good advice. 
Post some pictures for us to ogle, if you don't mind. Many of us have been through all the stages of building, and still love to see the process and your progress. 
Welcome.
Matt

Posted

Thanks for the Welcome Matt. I'm still trying to get my workspace cleared and organized so not much to take pictures of yet. The kit is in great shape, especially for something that was originally purchased in 1990. Lots of inspiration on this forum and a lot of great information already posted. As soon as I start making progress I'll try to post some pics.

Dean

Posted

Welcome to the group Dean.  Hope we can be of assistance to you on your build.  Pictures and questions, (in either order) are good for us all.   JImChuk