Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Flyer for Sale

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I’ve come to the difficult decision to sell my Avid project due to some changes in life circumstances leaving me able to finish it.  The kit has been well cared for and has never been finished or flown.  The Rotax 582 was purchased from “Rotax Rick” with 35 hours Total Time (no damage, no prop strike).  Rick acquired it, inspected it, and placed a two-year warranty on it before selling it to me (warranty still good).  It comes with two sets of wings; STOL wings and Speed wings; double the fun.  The speed wings are covered and painted, the STOL wings are almost ready to cover.  Carbon fiber hangers.  Upgraded cub-style landing gear, much wider gear.  Two rudders, one standard and one enlarged.  Scott tailwheel.  New Matco brakes, windshield, windows, tires, GCS prop.  All the work has been completed in the last year.   All build logs current and thorough, registration current, plans and tons of extras.  I’m looking to get $12,900.  I may be able to assist with transport.  

I wanted to put it up here with this group who love these flyers before posting it on a classified site.  Feel free to private message me with questions or send a phone number and I’ll give you a call when I get a minute.  Located in Salt Lake City Utah.

Avid.jpg

Avid1.png

Engine.png

Wings.png

Seat.jpg

Posted

you fooled me for a minute I thought it had aluminum wing ribs at first ha anyway what model is it?

Posted (edited)

Good Catch, I should have mentioned that I have two sets of wings hanging there.  The others are for a Preceptor Pup (Ultralight). Thanks for pointing that out. 

It's a C model, the serial number is in the 500's, but I can't remember right off the top of my head. 

Edited by Mtnflyer
Additional Info

Posted (edited)

PM sent, I am very interested and look forward to hearing from you. Contact number is in the private message.

Edited by AzFlyGuy

Posted

Is that a 532 rotax?  I see it's got an A gearbox, and usually they are on 532s, not 582s.  Nice looking plane though.  I did tell a guy in Texas about it, he may try to contact you about it.  In fact, PM me your # if you would and I'll pass it on to him.  I don't think he is a member on this forum.  Thanks,  JImChuk

Posted

If u blow up pic u can c its a dual plug head

Posted

If u blow up pic u can c its a dual plug head

Ya, I saw that as well, but it's an A gearbox I believe, and I don't think they fit on a provision 8 engine, which is what a 582 is.  Reason I thought it was an A gearbox, is there are studs going from the back half of the gearbox though the front half of the gearbox, and nuts are visible on the front half holding things together.  On a B gearbox, bolts go though the front half of the gearbox, into the back half.  I suppose one could trade out the bolts for studs, and then there would be  nuts used on a B box.  JImChuk

Posted

Yea mayb not able to find a good bolt that long.

Posted

Found this picture of an A-box and it looks different from the OP's picture

rotax-503-a-drive-gear-box-facing-up.png

Posted

Prop blades not properly installed or the wrong blades?

Posted

Ya, it does look like a B box, but you never see nuts on a B box, rather bolt heads.  That is what got me wondering.  I have an A box on a old 503, I'll have to go look at it.  This is a B box in this picture, see the long bolts going from front all the way to engine.  JImChukSee the source image

Posted

So somebody put studs in. The shape of the gearboxes is totally different and the OP's looks like a B not an A.

Posted

Learn something new every day.  I'm looking at an older LEAF catalog, and they show what they call an Old style B gearbox, and low and behold, it does have studs, not bolts.  Later ones have bolts.   Now I have to go dig up some pictures of my 532 engine and gearbox to see what they look like.  And the gearbox from the 503 I have in the garage looks just like a B box, but has only 4 holes for attaching it to the engine.  

Posted (edited)

wypaul

Pusher prop, or maybe just in BETA ?

Edited by whizzers
additionam commenta

Posted

It does look like a left hand prop, but blades are facing backwards.  Maybe just temporarly hung on for the pictures.  

Posted

There's been a lot of interesting discussion about the engine which had been informational for me as well.  The Engine is a 582; it has the data plate indicating, and I bought it from a reputable merchant who warrantied both the status as a 582 and the box as a B box.  If either is not accurate, I've got a court case to be to.  

The prop is not installed yet, just hung for the pictures.  

Posted

Sorry for dragging this topic off into the weeds.  Some days I just like the taste of feet I guess.  I did learn something in the process as well.  JImChuk

Posted

Hi. I am also very interested in this.  I am kinda local.  Could it be seen this weekend?

Thank you.