Cowl Jabiru 2200

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have any leads on a correct cowl for a Jabiru 2200 mounted on a MKIV? I am not opposed to working from a Nose Cowl and build back with aluminum. Suggestions?

Posted

I used a nose bowl on my Q2 when I put aJabiru 3300 in it and then finished with fiberglass.  Worked out ok I think but if I had it to do over I would just scratch build it with fiberglass.  Do you have the MK IV cowl, seems like that would work. Do you have the air duct/ plenums for the cylinders, they work great.  I don't know if John is still around he may have some thoughts and of course Jim C

IMG_0199.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

Nice. Where did you get the nose bowl?

Posted

Jabiru sold them, I don't know if they still do but I would nut be surprised if they do, they fit the plenums.

Posted

Jabiru sold them, I don't know if they still do but I would nut be surprised if they do, they fit the plenums.

Do you recall what the nose bowl costed? I am seriously considering that option.

Posted (edited)

No, sorry that was 20+ yrs ago and so would not relate to now anyway.  If I were doing it today knowing what I know, I would just sculpt the whole cowl from scratch.  I’ve built a couple of cowls since and it is probably easier without the bowl but the bowl does fit the plenum with a fair amount of fiddling to get it placed.  6 x6 overall. At any rate it will be a fun project. 
PS I am talking about a FG COWL.  If you are stuck on using metal, the nose bowl make since.

Edited by wypaul

Posted

Thank you for the response. Very useful.