Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Airedale Avid

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Saw this on barnstormers 

AVID AIRDALE AIRFRAME • $15,000 • FOR SALE • Avid Airdale Airframe. Excellent build. No engine. New tundra tires, Grove gear. Flown 3 hours. Improvements over Avid design: 1400lb gross wt, fuselage stretched 16 inches, seat upgrade, wider cockpit, increased head room, wider doors, improved baggage access. Meticulous build records and pictures. • Contact Dennis Smith - GOOD NEIGHBOR FARM , Owner - located Moberly, MO United States • Telephone: 660-998-4949 • 6609984949 • Posted December 17, 2020 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

thumbnail_image_1627302_1_1608219940.jpethumbnail_image_1627302_1_1608219938.jpethumbnail_image_1627302_4_1608220541.jpethumbnail_image_1627302_5_1608221955.jpethumbnail_image_1627302_5_1608221954.jpe

Posted

Would probably be a real nice plane with a 912 ULS on the front of it.  JImChuk

Posted

Not light sport anymore

Posted

Not light sport anymore

It never was.

Posted

Well it was before they modified it

Posted

I did see somewhere that they said 1320 legal, 1400 gross weight.  Not sure what that really meant.  I'm sure it never flew at 1400.  If it wasn't written in the FAA paper work or log book or W&B sheets, maybe the 1320 would stick.   I think the empty weight was something like 776 so if it was 1320, that would still be a fairly nice usable load.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

A friend of mine is trying to make a play for it, he flies "recreational pilot" so the weight is of no concern to him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Man, this is a killer working mans kitfox or poor mans cub.  I'd love to be in the market right now.  The last true and most refined avid.  Would this be like a series 5 or "E" model Avid?

Posted

I think I would go scoop it up if I had the $$$$$'s

Posted

JIM,  Is that the one that was around here a yr or so ago that had a VW motor in it the guy that was o the for herebought from another guy that never flew it much and think kind of BS’ed the guy about how much he flew it with the VW? 

Posted

A friend of mine is trying to make a play for it, he flies "recreational pilot" so the weight is of no concern to him.

I saw an Avid speedwing if your friend interested.

https://www.barnstormers.com/classified-1622637-Avid-flyer-speed-wing.html?catid=18706

I would be interested in but its in the US and I'm located in Canada so its not even a possibility right now

HE has two Avid Mark 4 fuselages.  He was looking specifically for an Airdale or Avid +

Posted

That plane was alright. The finish on it would make a good bush plane. And I remember the DAR and I looking at the control system and saying that should not be in an airplane.  So you might want to be prepared to work on it to make it a really nice airplane.

Posted

I stopped and looked at this plane and I thought the build quality was mediocre. The finish is not good at all, very rough texture.  The size of the airframe and adjustable seats are great though.

Posted

I stopped and looked at this plane and I thought the build quality was mediocre. The finish is not good at all, very rough texture.  The size of the airframe and adjustable seats are great though.

It never ceases to amaze me how things always look better in the pictures