Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NR Luga prop deliveries

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I was thinking about getting one of these props from Ukraine, and wonder what others have experienced in regard to deliveries recently.   I know one of our members here had a very long wait for his prop, and am wondering if that is usual, or can I hope for better results?  I'm getting a two blade right hand for my 80 HP 912.  (if anyone has one gathering dust....)    Thanks,  JImChuk

Posted

Hey Jim one alternative is to order the Kool prop in Canada....same factory than Luga / NRprop etc

The company is called airtrikes and the boss is called Vassili, a good guy.

http://www.airtrikes.net/propellers.shtml

Posted

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just looked, and it seems the prop would cost bout $150 more going through Vassili.  JImChuk

Posted

My stepson bought a Luga from the Ukraine, and it only took a few weeks. He said the quality was excellent, and the price and customer service (several phone calls) was superb.

http://www.lugaprop.kiev.ua/catalog_en.html

Posted

If your not in a hurry there worth the wait Very smooth propeller.  My first one the wait was only 1 month but my second was right when covid hit it was several months. My first one was flawless but my new one has a few blemishes in the carbon drives me crazy every time I walk by it of try to clean it but there affordable propellers so that's how it is. I still love it every time I fire wall the throttle.

I have also heard good things about the power fin and the 912 Might be worth looking into. I owned one a few years ago it was also a beautiful propeller.

Posted

I've been happy with mine.  Got it from Hal Stockman.

Posted

My stepson bought a Luga from the Ukraine, and it only took a few weeks. He said the quality was excellent, and the price and customer service (several phone calls) was superb.

http://www.lugaprop.kiev.ua/catalog_en.html

How long ago was that Nick?  From what I hear, this Covid thing has done a number on shipment dates.  JImChuk

Posted

Could be, Jim. It was about 18 months ago.

1 person likes this

Posted

I got mine from Hal Stockman in June and I had it within a week but he had one on hand. What length are you looking for?

Posted

Looks like I'll be getting an SR106-1770 MM two blade for my 80 HP 912.  It will be right at 69.70" long.  I would have preferred a bit longer, but the blades are 4 3/4" wide.  It's what they recomended for my engine.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll see if Hal's got one, he said he might have a 72"  he had an order of props but the NR guys sent them to the wrong place so they're trying to find them.

Edited by FireFoxIV

Posted

Looks like I'll be getting an SR106-1770 MM two blade for my 80 HP 912.  It will be right at 69.70" long.  I would have preferred a bit longer, but the blades are 4 3/4" wide.  It's what they recomended for my engine.  JImChuk

Jim, you should have no problem...to give you an idea, I have a 69in scimittar 2 bladed on my 100Hp+ rotax 912 and it works great, no problem absorbing that amount of power

P.s I could not go bigger than 70inch because of the prop hitting the fuselage (catalina pusher)

My previous prop (Warp drive blades) was cavitating and could not handle the power...also 2x weight.

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.19.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.20.02 PM.png

Posted

That is a pretty prop.. I stopped at Walmart today, and was going to send Roman the money for the prop, and I had my credit card, and checkbook.  I thought about bringing cash, but figured I wanted to hang on to some and drain the checkbook a bit.  Walmart only takes cash or debit cards for money transfers overseas.  Well, I'll be close by there Tuesday again, so I'll see if they want my cash.  Funny thing, the gal behind the counter said she didn't feel good about sending the money, was I sure it wasn't a scam and all that.  Hope she didn't know something I don't..... :dunno:  JImChuk

Posted

For an extra few bucks he will paint the tips to match your plane. If your trying to drain your check book ha.

0510191402.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Just an update on this prop.  I paid for it on Dec. 22.  The holidays have slowed things some I'm sure, but the tracking on it shows that it cleared Ukraine customs on Jan. 13.  Not sure how long from now it will be, but it's been on the way for over a week and a half now.  I'm anxious to get it..  :)  JImChuk

Posted

boy when you stay home for the winter you really get stuff done. better slow down your gonna run outta projects. :)

2 people like this

Posted

Well I'm here, and I do go out in the garage and hangar, but getting things done is maybe a bit of an exaggeration.  Seems like it takes forever to do projects.  Trouble is it's to easy to get sidetracked.  Or sit on my butt in front of this PC.,  It was -10 this morning, so that doesn't make me want to jump out the door either.  JImChuk