Bad floats again for Rotax

6 posts in this topic

Posted

SB 912-074 for the 912's and I believe there is one for the 582's also.  The bad floats are marked with a B which is b for bad, the new ones are marked R.  Seems like it's time to get this taken care of.  Weighed mine and one set weighed 9 g and the other weighed 11g with 7 g as the cutoff for a good set of floats.  The good news Rotax will replace them for free thru 2021, bad news is that they are back ordered.  

Marvel makes a set of blue floats for the 912 but these weigh over 7g out of the box and I read that at least one user found there were issues with rough running also

Posted

My Jabiru uses a type 94 bing carb, which I believe is just an enlarged type 64.  It uses a single piece set of floats that are white. About 600 hrs and 20 years, and still good.   A real old unused type 54 like used on a 582 that I have also has the single piece white float.  In searching on Bing's website, I see they sell those white floats on the motor cycle side of their site for about $31.  I would be tempted to try them before I spent Rotax's bloated price.  Fortunately my floats in the 912 are all good.  the pairs weight 6.2 grams.  JImChuk

BMW Motorcycle CV Carb - BING AGENCY INTERNATIONALSOLE DISTRIBUTORFOR BING CARBURETORS AND THROTTLE BODIES IN THE US, CANADA,SOUTH AMERICA AND AUSTRALIA

Posted

Thanks Jim, fortunately Rotax is replacing them for free.  I didn't have any issues with my Jabiru 3300 either.

Posted

Thanks Jim, fortunately Rotax is replacing them for free.  I didn't have any issues with my Jabiru 3300 either.

Do you have those white floats in the Jabiru?  JImChuk

Posted

I just don't recall what it had for floats.  I sold the Q2 a year and a half ago and didn't have the bowl off for several years before that.  Never paid much attention to them probably because there were no issues.  I did change the float needle a few times.

1 person likes this

Posted

my jabiru has the white ones as well. weighed them about a year ago and they were perfect.

1 person likes this