Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What brake do I have?

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I am in the process of building my wide gear and want to get a better brake setup using the upgraded pedal geometry and intensifier kit. Looking at all the matco calipers I have not seen a setup like mine and don’t know what pads or replacement parts I need for these brakes. Can anyone help me out with a part number or model etc. Also are they worth keeping or should I go a different route. 

0C17E9E1-98ED-4A38-9708-5F864C0CE150.jpeg

Edited by rafterjg

Posted

Those are Airheart brakes.  Used on go carts and stuff.  Google them and you will find them.  They were used on the Kitfox 1s.  I have a set of them JImChuk

Posted

Jim is right but I think they they are discontinuing the 150 series which is probably what you have. But I do think you can still buy pads for them on ebay the last ones I bought were called the soft pads and I found them to work way better.

Posted

Do you think it would be worth the $700 to convert to the black max brakes and trim some weight. 

Posted (edited)

I could put you into some Matco MHE6B wheels with the 6" turf glide tires and brakes for a good bit less, but if it was me, I'd leave them as they are.  JImChuk

matco wheels 1.jpg

matco wheels 2.jpg

matco wheels 3.jpg

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this