Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid A model parts and pieces

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I have some parts and pieces that I need to get rid of. I don't think that I'll ever be able to work on this project, so now it's time to go.

-A model project, S/N 55. I bought it as a wreck, although some rebuild work had been done. I'm tempted to cut up the fuselage and toss it, but if someone was skilled and had time, it would be a place to start.

-Rotax 532, with motor mount. This engine was never on this aircraft, I came across it when I was actively gathering parts. This particular airplane had the 430cc Cayuna in it, which is probably why it was wrecked (just guessing).

-Unused cowling in crate. It's in mostly good condition, it might have a bit of crate rash on the bottom. Unpainted.

-Wings need work. All of the trailing edge ribs are removed, as are the drag tubes. Probably rebuildable. The struts look okay.

-Lots of various parts and pieces. I have two tow bars, one is foldable. A nice looking firewall. 

-Building manual, logbooks and airworthiness certificate. The log book states that Dean Wilson performed the first flight.

I had this in my brothers connex, and that has gone away. I moved everything into a storage unit, and I would like to get it gone. I am on  the Kenai peninsula. I'll post some pictures and a more detailed list of items once I go through it a little more. I don't really have any prices in mind. If there is something that you want, let me know.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the deal I need. Sucks its 60,000 miles away from dayton ohio. Funny thing about your screen name. I have a 1945 flat fender jeep its an early 2a with a 5 digit serial number. Dont cut it up, it has so much history. I'd rebuild it all

Posted (edited)

Hey i could b interested in the whole project if ur looking to part with it that way, i could use some of parts and mayb rebuild the wings for mine. I dont have any wings for it yet. Im up in Ester Alaska just outside Fairbanks. Would love to c some pic of what u have there, ill pm u my cell number to chat some and may u could send a few pic. Thanks Bucky 

Well in the mist now of parts ordering for the wings of the pa12 of $7g im going to have to pass on this Avid, sorry and hope someone saves it. 

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

Do you still have the plane?  If you do send some pictures to doug123@cox.net.  My Avid Model C is almost done.

doug

Posted

I would like to know if you are parting this. Thanks, Aaron