fuel SYSTEM contamination

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone seen this in their gascolator before?  I don't think its from fuel contamination.  The tanks (two wing tanks and poly header tank) sat built and empty for several years.   All the lines are new.  Really caramelized on.  Took a scrub with brake cleaner to get it off.  It also gummed up the header tank bottom drain / check valve

IMG_1638.pdf

Posted

Wow that looks disgusting. Never seen anything like that before. Better check inside the carb float bowls too.

Posted

Its fuel injected...

Posted

What kind of fuel are you running?  I wonder if you use fuel with alcohol in it.  That can soften the older fiberglass tanks.  I don't remember if your tanks were kreemed or not.  Probably be a good idea to really look the fuel system over good so none of this stuff is about to cause trouble somewhere.  JImChuk

Posted

I have the tanks empty and am looking for a scope to take a peek.  Been using only 100LL of my home field.  Never had any issue with my home fuel so I suspect its something settled in the tanks or header tank is more likely the culprit.  The wing tanks look perfect from what I can see

Posted

putting in a new screen on gascolator, new fuel pump (inline electric), new pressure regulator, and new downstream filter.