Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New rebuilt Model C HH

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My restored Avid model C Heavy Hauler with updates. Frame has been extended 16". Fuselage recovered in 2019, Wing covering very good condition, Mark IV Gear, New boot and engine cowl, New Lexan on windshield, top and doors, Brakes rebuilt, New tires, Seat recovered, New bungees, Great Plains built 80 Hp VW Dual ignition, New struts, 10 gal wing tanks installed 5 years ago. I've been in the test phase getting the bugs worked out. It's a great flying airplane. This is the second Avid that I have installed the Great Plains built VW and I'm very happy with this combination. Neil

20201107_164820.jpg

20201107_164616.jpg

20201107_164803.jpg

20201107_164745.jpg

Edited by Neil
Update info.

Posted

Looks pretty nice Neil! JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

I like it and would like to know more about how the engine works out for you with that 16 inch stretch I have always liked the VW. I bet its a great machine.

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks pretty nice Neil! JImChuk

I want to say thanks to Jim Chuk for his help answering my questions as well as others. Thanks, Neil

1 person likes this

Posted

I like it and would like to know more about how the engine works out for you with that 16 inch stretch I have always liked the VW. I bet its a great machine.

I'm flying with a loaner prop from Prince Prop who is building my ordered prop so my specs will change. Best I can say with this loaner prop is climb is 800 fpm top speed is 95 mph. In answering your question about the engine. It's important who builds the engine. My choice is Hummel Engine and Great Plains Engines. There built for aviation use, steel billet crank shaft, duel ignition. They have been in business many years. I have had three of there engines on different planes over twenty years..If you have an extra 20+ grand the 912 might be the better choice if your flying in the mountains. Neil