Looking for Either a Kitfox Mk4 or Avid Mk4 to Buy

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone

My name is Hailin Truman, and me and a couple buddies are looking to buy either a kitfox Mk4 or an Avid Mk4. Our price cap is $35,000. we are looking for something that has a maximum of 500hrs since last major overhaul, is in a tail dragger configuration, and is running on either a Rotax, Continental, or Lycoming. I am fairly new to the used buying market, so I am not all that sure on pricing, so if anyone here on the forums has any advise or buying tips, please let me know as well! thank you all so much for the help!

Happy Landings!

All the best

Hailin

Edited by Hailin Truman

Posted

Where are you located Hailin?   Probably be hard pressed to find a Kitfox 5 for 35,000 with a 912 in it.  Avids usually draw less money.  A Kitfox 3 is a lot closer to an Avid MK IV then the Kitfox 4 or 5, although it would have less usable load most likely.  I finished up a Kitfox 4 recently, and will eventually be selling my Avid MK IV. I've flown this Avid for about 600 hrs.   It has a Jabiru engine in it, with about 120 hrs since rebuild on engine and airframe.  I still have to paint the cowl....  One of these days.  You can take a look at it on youtube if you like.  Here is a link, and I have a bunch of other videos of it on my channel.   The Aeronca Chief in some of my other videos is maybe for sale as well, if I can talk my partner in selling.  We each own 1/2.  It has a stroked 85 HP continental with something like 320 hr since complete overhaul JImChuk

Posted

Thank you so much for your response. similar to yourself, I would be buying the airplane with a couple others as well. I think this is a totally awesome plane, but one of the other buyers who ia in as well has had some bad experiences with jabiru engines before and has vowed to not use them. I'm totally ok with them, but he is pretty skeptical. thank you so much for responding though! I guess we are ok with mk4 kitfox as well, but thank you for the advise!