Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Machine

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Since the Fox is gone I decided to call the owner of my old challenger and see if I could steal it away from him and he said yes he would sell it back to me. Hopefully pick it up next week. I loved flying that airplane.

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome Allen!! Get back in the air dude!

Posted

I'll be back airborne quick, soon as I get it home.

Posted (edited)

Yahoo!!!! I knew u wouldnt sit aroumd too long buddy!!!! Air under ur wings is all that matters, congrats!!!!!!

Dont think u need anything, but i have some stuff from my Challenger i sold left over. Dash, throttle setup, wing-tail covers, not sure what all is left in the box. Hahhaaaaaa the buyer of it never came back for the last of the stuff

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

I loved flying that airplane.

Inspiring words for someone on the home stretch of a major Challenger re build...Thanks!

Posted

Back in the air!Challenger_2_001.thumb.JPG.b797a6b629d1d

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome! I heard they fly better without the doors on

Posted

Not really true. But I have a big tail, diff ailerons, Modified flap hinges and a few other mods. Flys hands off if you want. Not much different than an Avid/Fox (older models) if you know what the rudder is for. I really like the STOL performance with just me in it. Just like a older model Avid/Fox that is built really light. Except I don't have to worry about ground loops if I get a bit lazy sometimes.  With the tundra tires it will handle anywhere I'd consider landing. Still have a soft spot for the classic Avid/Foxes, though.

Posted

My CFI claims his will turn the wrong way with the doors on if you don't use enough rudder. He almost always flies it with the doors off.

Posted

Adverse yaw, Lead with rudder, follow with aileron. I never take the doors off anymore. A common trait for anything without diff ailerons that have full span flaperons.  Easy to overcome with a couple hours practice. A common problem for a Cessna driver who gets in this type of plane.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yup. He's certainly used to it. I've never flown it with the doors on so I can't personally say. I was just making conversation.... LOL