Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB 8" wheels

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Checking to see if anyone has a set of the original douglas 8" wheels, possibly with the welded bolt bungs.  Looking to set up a second set of wheel / tires for a tire penetrating ski setup

Posted

I have a set of 8" with bearings, seals, Matco brakes, 5/8 Matco spindles and Fat Fox tires.

$400 plus shipping

Daphne53932

301-797-1875

Posted

Are these still available?

Posted

If you are willing and able to make and weld on the three brake rotor mounts, the wheels are just douglas ATV wheels. Do a search for "DWT 8x6 3+3 3/100" The code on this is "DWT" = Douglas wheel technology, 8x6 = rim diameter x rim width, 3+3 = wheel backspacing + frontspacing, 3/100 = 3 bolts on 100mm bolt circle. 

I had thought about buying and making a new set for my previous kitfox as it had one rim slightly bent, but wound up selling that one. The above is what I believe Kitfox used for the rims but I make no guarantee of that..

1 person likes this

Posted

Well- since I haven't heard back from daphne, I ordered some wheels with those specs.  Pulling out the tig to do some aluminum welding.  I'll keep you posted

Posted

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes.  Once you get the mounts welded on you will need to machine the step for the brake rotor and drill/tap the 3 bolt holes. I was going to do this on my milling machine using a rotary table but like I said I never got around to it. On the one with the slightly bent rim, it still held air and wasn't real noticeable. Will be curious how you make out because I'm thinking about doing a set so that I can swap from the 21" Nanco tires to smaller ones with wheel pants without having to peel the tire off.

Posted

I have a set from a Kitfox 1 that used the airhawk brakes.  They don't have the lugs for brake rotors.  I have a good lathe, just don't have the tig welder or skills to use it.

Posted

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes.  Once you get the mounts welded on you will need to machine the step for the brake rotor and drill/tap the 3 bolt holes. I was going to do this on my milling machine using a rotary table but like I said I never got around to it. On the one with the slightly bent rim, it still held air and wasn't real noticeable. Will be curious how you make out because I'm thinking about doing a set so that I can swap from the 21" Nanco tires to smaller ones with wheel pants without having to peel the tire off.

I'll keep you posted- that's my plan with these as well, but to use the smaller tires to add penetrating skis 

Posted

I have a set with lugs. 

Posted

How much do you want for them?

Posted

on it- thanks!