Gauges

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I purchased an Avid commuter in kentucky and brought it to sarnia ontario canada. Serial#895 formerly N9695Q now registered in Can as C-GLKF I am getting 3 digit rpm displays and the water temp 2 digits at 17-20 these are Original Avid MKIV gauges any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by William Mann

Posted (edited)

I like the MGL E 1 engine monitor, myself.  They have a newer model that does all engine gauges, with a different name, but basicly the same as the E1.   One 3 1/8" gauge takes the place of all engine instruments.  What do you have for gauges now?  JImChuk 

PS,  welcome to the group.

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Its got airspeed altimeter grt mini x efis garmin 296 cyl temp rpm and water temp comm narco165

Posted

Im trying to see if someones using stock rpm,egt, and water temp gsuges how there supposed to read rpm 3 didits water bounces between 15 at fire 20 when running high rpm above 5000 the 3 gauges say Avid on them

Posted

Not completely sure what you are saying,  the static rpm should be about 6150-6250, EGTs should be less then 1200F.  Water temps should be less then 180 F.  JImChuk

Posted

Correct but on my original avid gauge  850 reads 85 and 2000 reads 200 and 4000 reads 400. 3 digits only on this one you can see where it may have 4 digits just 3 display this was my question do they run 3 digits or 4  meaning mine isnt functioning correctly if other are only 3 digits its fine, I can still get to my correct settings also.. The egt reads correctly the water temp when running lets just say at 5000 rpm I read 500rpm the egt 850-900 and water is reading between 17-20? This gauge is the readings in question. 17-20 Could be  170-200? So I was hoping someone had these 3 gauges still in their mkIV

Posted

Something is definatly messed up.,  The digital gauges usually read down to the last number, for instance 176F,  JimChuk

Posted

My MK IV kit came with VDO analog gauges.  Sounds like it time to get some new gauges.