Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Imperial fuel valve

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I ran across these on ebay  yesterday.  I remember someone asking me about the valve I had in the Kitfox 4.  It was just an on and off Imperial valve, these control 2 tanks.  Supposed to be new old stock.  I don't need one at the moment, but ordered one anyway.  Figured I would pass the info along.  JImChuk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331843199912

Posted

Cheap! I like it.

Posted

I'll have one in my hands in a few days, I can give an update then.  Maybe some will be left in stock.  JImChuk

Posted

I'll have one in my hands in a few days, I can give an update then.  Maybe some will be left in stock.  JImChuk

Ha If I start buying now for a future project Ill never remember where I put it when I need it. Wonder if that happens to anybody else?

3 people like this

Posted

The valve showed up today in the mail.  Sealed in the plastic bag from the factory.   A good buy in my mind.  JImChuk

Posted

Do they have a positive shut off or is it just a tank selector?

Posted

Looking at the valve again, it has three ports.  If you figure the mounting holes are in a North position, the ports are  east, south, and west.   There are not detents to stop the valve in each 90 degree position, but if the valve arrow is pointing N nothing flows, if the arrow points E, nothing flows.  if the arrow points S, there is flow between the east and south ports.  If the arrow points west, there is flow between the west and south ports.  So the way I see it, you could switch between either tank, or shut them both off.  You could also plug one port and use it as an on/off valve like I have in my Kitfox 4.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Jim, Do you think 1/4" is big enough?

Posted (edited)

It has 1/4" ports, the snowmobile valves I've always used on the Avids have about a 1/8" hole, and they will flow 10 gallons per hour on gravity feed.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

They are a great deal, I ordered one too.  If you get the same thing that is in the aircraft parts they run around $120.

THANKS JIM

Posted

I bought two more of those valves.  Got them, and now I should never need any more valves.  JImChuk

Posted

Yes I ordered one.