Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RMW Flying wire FRUSTRATION

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hoping someone can help me. I am building a Rocky Mountain Wings Ridge Runner 3 with my brother in law. We are having a real tough time with support (or lack there of). The Mfr. did not supply flying wires for the tail feathers and intentionally left out any and all information on who or where to get them from. The only mention is to install them. No instructions whatsoever etc, etc. What did you Avid Flyer and Kit Fox fellows do in regard to Flying wires?

Posted

Kitfoxes and Avids have struts on the tail and do not have flying wires.

Posted

Hoping someone can help me. I am building a Rocky Mountain Wings Ridge Runner 3 with my brother in law. We are having a real tough time with support (or lack there of). The Mfr. did not supply flying wires for the tail feathers and intentionally left out any and all information on who or where to get them from. The only mention is to install them. No instructions whatsoever etc, etc. What did you Avid Flyer and Kit Fox fellows do in regard to Flying wires?

I just about pulled the trigger on ordering a RMW kit but someone advised me to use caution when sending  them a big check. Probably better off that I didn't go with the RidgeRunner. I did order two tanks from him and didn't have a bit of problem.

Posted

I know nothing about Ridgrunners, but photos I can find of Ridgrunners show struts under the Horizontal Stab just like Kitfox and Avid Flyers..  I can't find a photo clear enough to tell for sure but some appear to have flying wires from the top of the stab up to the vertical fin in addition to the struts underneath.  I tnink one of the member's here has/had a Ridgrunner on skis.  Maybe it was Bandit. Anyhow, maybe they will chime in.

Posted

I can text Stace about it. C what he says but not know if he will respond on Labor Day Weekend. Ill try and get him in on this.