Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AV30-E primary display

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Well,  I am at that point of buying the GRT Mini X display or an AV30-E as my primary display.   Has anyone used either and have pro’s and cons? Being  in a Avionics install/repair shop we are always redoing Certified panels,  I am enjoying the experimental rules for my 1996 Avid Model C.  I’ve kept the original engine VDO gauges (refurbished) along with the nicely marked airspeed indicator that I plan to use for back up as well as a newer smaller 2” turn ball under the A/S indicator. Pictures to follow.

For avionics I am using a Garmin Aera 560 for GPS navigation, Garmin GTR200 vhf comm and a Stratus ESG transponder w/3i for ADS-B in and weather.  My wife loves the look of the  AV30-E and thinks the GRT Mini x looks out of place. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

B2966E3F-237B-40BE-94A0-F8886327C158.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

Instrument panel update. Garmin G5, with Garmin Aera 560 portable navigator, Garmin GTR200 Com, Stratus Transponder.  The vdo engine  instruments were retained as was the Airspeed indicator.  I may replace the Stratus transponder with a  GTX 327 and GDL 82.  Pictures to follow. 

1 person likes this