Wings folded up length

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting ready to bring the plane home tomorrow morning didn't really think about the wings being longer than the tail while folded back. Does anyone have a total length spinner to wingtip while folded? 

Posted

Search and/or check in the forum for your model. You will find specs listed there.

1 person likes this

Posted

I looked for the Mark IV info I thinking of just of making one off Areotex or kitfox

Posted

I measured my Avid MK IV just last week, am trying to remember.  I know that it would fit in a 22' long space.  The Kitfox 4 was just a bit over that length.  Do you have an enclosed trailer?  Also,  don't let it ride on the tailwheel.  Here is how I trailered my Kitfox 1500 miles when I got it.  Avid has the same cross tube.   JImChuk

Photo0587.jpg

Posted

I brought my Avid C model home in an 8'x20' trailer.  I had to take off 1 wing and the horizontal stab because it wouldn't fit through the door, which was only 7' wide.  Length it fit fine, with at least an inch or two in the front and back.  When looking at enclosed trailers, always check the door opening width, it is almost always smaller by a surprising large amount due to the frame.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Heres a couple of pictures of mine in the 8'x20' pace enclosed trailer.

DCP_2525.JPG

DCP_2527.JPG

Posted

Got her home sound and safe. 19'10.5" 20200820_094825.thumb.jpg.b0f1ca680b2d80