Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Aircraft out of business?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been trying to get in contact with Mark Mendick at Avid Aircraft but his phone shows user busy or I get a busy tone and he never answers his email. Did the company go under again?

Posted

Great. I need to order a rotax 912 engine mount

Posted

I emailed the Avid Company for a replacement engine cowl in early July the response from Mark was that he was taking a short break.  Said he’d post when he’s back at it.

I hope he gets back to it soon.  Has anyone else received the same email?

Posted

I have been trying to reach Mark also. I'm in need of the threaded rods that works with the F7A mod. I have the L shaped part of the linkage, in fact I have an extra set if anyone wants to buy them. I had a guy make a set from borrowed ones but the welder didn't want to make the threaded rods.  Mark contacted me several weeks ago stated he would make them for me. but haven't heard back yet. Would you be willing to give me Marks phone #. Thanks Neil

Posted

UPDATE,  Mark emailed me this week, stating he’s in business and is doing parts!

I was inquiring about fuel tanks, since my plane has a 10 gallon tank in the right wing and a 14 gallon in the left.  Plus the fuel caps don’t match, the left is a metal cap, and the right is plastic. He has ethanol resistive tanks in stock.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a right hand ethanol resistant, you can tell by the greenish tint to the Rison, flush mount gas cap that I got from Airdale still with the wrappings , Never used, $500 plus shipping, if interested email me your ZIP Code for shipping

A5C1A9AA-B3A8-4AA9-BF85-88FEC47C022E.jpeg

5F82E3F1-4B3D-4319-B5F0-D2CDE0B42B4C.jpeg

Posted

Yo Snaps -

Was that tank designed to fit both HH and Speed Rib profiles by chance? Also can you confirm it was for 1-1/2" twist?

thnx, D

Posted

It’s for a stall wing,Don’t see why it wouldn’t fit a speed wing ,the distance between the spars are the same,

and the “ twist”would be minimal in such a short span.

Posted

I used KF 3 tanks in an Avid HH wing build and the leading and trailing bottom tank edges fell below the rib lower cap strips. They would definitely have fallen below the lower surface of a wing with speed ribs. The new E-resistant KF 4-7 tanks require you to specify twist when ordering. Since the same Co. was also making the Avid tanks you have, I figured they did the same since the twist can be over 1" different between KF and Avid. The difference in twist also created an issue in my HH build, the tanks didn't fit in perfectly tight and flush between the spars. I did a thread with pics back then if anyone is interested.

Posted

Nice article,Doug, November 2 017, bottom line it can be done with a minimal amount of work compared to installingThe sky raider tanks

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you, and I’ll keep you in mind.  I just put 5 gallons of fuel in the right tank after being dry for 5 years.  New fuel lines and no leaks!  The left tank has a seeping fuel drain.  My zip is 92123.  Let me know how much shipping is, as I may replace the right in the near future.  How many gallons does the tank hold?

Doug

Posted

Mine hold 10 gal.

Posted

Nice article,Doug, November 2 017, bottom line it can be done with a minimal amount of work compared to installingThe sky raider tanks

Thanks, figured it might help somebody. Link to the thread: CLICK HERE