Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 4 1050 for sale

4 posts in this topic

Posted

So I have decided to sell my Kitfox IV 1050 to finance my other Kitfox build.  I just got my Sonerai flying so I have something to fly so this one can be sold now.

I have a Kitfox IV 1050 with a Rotax 582 that I bought a year ago for sale. The airplane flies great and the 582 does an admirable job. The reason I'm selling is because earlier this year I bought another Kitfox IV speedster from an insurance auction, and I also just got my Sonerai IIL back into flying status. So, I'm selling this airplane to fund the build of the other Kitfox. The airplane is hangared in Morris, IL (C09). Here are some specs on the airplane:

Kitfox IV 1050, serial number 1488.
Build completed 1/24/2000
Empty weight 560 pounds per logbook weight and balance
Gross weight 1050
Useful load 490 pounds
Fuel capacity 27 gallons (13 gallons each wing + 1 gallon header
Standard instruments
No radios, but there is a comm antenna and a spot in the instrument panel for radios. I use a handheld and portable intercom (not included)
Stock Kitfox landing gear with 8" douglas wheels and Matco brakes
New Nanco 21x12x8 tires
Dual brake pedals installed
190 hours total time but I'm still flying it as much as I can.

The airplane did have trailering damage to the fuselage that has been repaired and the airplane has about 20 hours since the repairs. Here are a couple pictures but you can see the more about the airplane including pictures, flight videos, a description of the damage and repairs here: https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...ht-a-Kitfox-IV . I'm asking $20,000 for the airplane and right now I am pretty firm on that price. PM me if interested.

20200705_071700.jpg

20200705_071650.jpg

20190822_195452.jpg

Kitfox 4.jpg

Posted

Nice pics.  That's my favorite time to fly.  Only negative is the sun in my eyes when I have to land into it.  Solution to that is wait till it sets, and then land.   JImChuk

Posted

Airplane is sold.

Thanks to all who responded.

2 people like this