Jabiru 2200 Prop Recommendation for C model

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Gotcha,  the early one my prop would go over but not the later.  I need to double check my measurements with caliper.

The 912 early boss will fit your prop, but it's still a question if the bolt pattern is the 3 15/16" or 4".  I did see a whirlwind prop on barnstormers today, it will bolt onto your Jabiru.  Looking on the whirlwind site, they show this prop for 1850 new.  The prop for the 3300 Jabiru is 1550.  Both use the same bolt pattern, so I would guess they use the same hub.  I'm tempted to call them and ask what is different.  JImChuk

PS  I did just get off the phone with whirlwind props, and asked about their props.  Never did mention this one on barnstormers, but they said they recommend this UL prop for the Jabiru

66 INCH WHIRLWIND PROP • $800 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • 66 inch ground adjustable Whrlwind prop bolt pattern for Rotax-removed from UL Power engine 350 hrs • Contact Terry Bradshaw , Owner - located New Smyrna Beach, FL United States • Telephone: 386-689-6663 • 386-427-3967 • Posted August 24, 2020 

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Friends, a 63.8" diameter 2-blade saber blade propeller is great for the Jabiru 2200.  The diameter is slightly larger than recommended, but it increases thrust and the arrow-shaped tip mitigates wave crisis. Engine loads are extremely high, so the blades are made of a particularly strong pure carbon fiber. American pilots suggested calling them "Eagle Wings". Production now lasts approximately 4 weeks, delivery approximately 3 weeks.

IMAG0047-.jpg

20200601-121732-.jpg