New guy with a KF2 in England

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm new to kitfox ownership and to this forum so I thought I had better introduce myself here as no doubt I will be a regular on here from now on.

I have a lot to learn.

My 'project' is a Kitfox Mk2 with a KFM 112 engine, This is apparently quite a rare combination here in England, I believe there are only 2 or 3 like this.

The engine has been freshly rebuilt and it has a new Hercules wooden prop matched to the engine and aircraft, however I may be on the lookout for some engine spares as you can never have enough of them.

I have to do some welding to the rear of the fuselage but that's ok as I have a spare one as a donor, I will also need to rebuild the wings and everything else for that matter.

I'm a race engine builder by trade but also a decent machinist / fabricator.

I spent 8 years racing motorcycles, won a championship, almost died and I drive about in a 1943 jeep.

Cheers,

Skelly.

3 people like this

Posted

Welcome to the group Skelly.  Feel free to fire away with whatever questions or suggestions you come up with.  And pictures and videos are welcome as well.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome, skelly! Judging from your background, you'll fit right in around here! 

1 person likes this

Posted

:welcome:

That would be a rare combination here in the U.S. too, I've never seen one personally. Good it has a fresh rebuild, like the old Pong radial I think they were short lived from the Kitfox factory due to reliability concerns. Do keep us posted and please put up lots of engine pics, not much info here onsite about them. Heck, you may become the resident expert.

:)