Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone have an avid around Denver and can I sit in yours?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Prefer bjc, eik, lmo. I'm tall and well fed, I just want to see if I fit. I promise I won't give you the corona. 

Posted

Good idea, I am 5'11' and 260, and I think I am close to max. If i put a 1' pad on the seat, my headset rubs the upper window.

Posted

Hey Philip I am 45 miles west of Denver and mine is hangared in my garage. It would be fine if you wanted to try it on.

Posted (edited)

Hey Philip I am 45 miles west of Denver and mine is hangared in my garage. It would be fine if you wanted to try it on.

Depends on where west, 45 miles almost puts you  in Granby :)

edit: I see you're just past idaho springs, didn't see that on mobile. thanks for the offer but I think I'm going to move on to something that fits my mission better. I still love the avids and kitfox though. Wish I was about 5'10 and 180lb but I'm not.

Edited by Philip_g

Posted (edited)

Good idea, I am 5'11' and 260, and I think I am close to max. If i put a 1' pad on the seat, my headset rubs the upper window.

Im same weight about about 6'2 with a bad back. Unfortunately the partially completed kit I was interested in has sold

Edited by Philip_g

Posted

Just west of Idaho Springs, 6'2" would be pushing it I'm 5'8" and fit good but not much to spare. 

Posted (edited)

Just west of Idaho Springs, 6'2" would be pushing it I'm 5'8" and fit good but not much to spare. 

thanks for that. I couldn't/didn't see your location on mobile. My mistake.

it's probably really not the plane for me. I need something for two well fed adults, a dog, and probably a 2-3 person life raft and I don't think I can cram all that in an avid, but like the folding wings and this partially completed airframe was available and affordable, but as I mentioned it's gone now. I don't have a TW endorsement either, and getting that is a huge hassle when you're 260lb and all the TW airplanes are citabrias and none of the CFI's at 90lb little guys or women :)

A pacer might be a good option but I don't want to leave one tied outside. Anyway, thanks for the kind offers and advice everyone.

Edited by Philip_g