Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Crazy or what?

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just got a small order in from Wag-Aero.  Because I had ordered a quart of hydraulic brake fluid, it had to go with UPS ground.  I live about 425 miles from Wag-Aero and it cost me $26.87 for shipping.  Rediculous.  Here is what I ordered.  Probably weighed 3 lbs at the most.  Thank you UPS.   Funny if it had come from China, it would have been free shipping and the parts would have been half the price I paid. Ok, rant over for now, but it didn't make me a whole lot happier.   JImChuk

parts.jpg

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

This is a 4 lb package sent 450 miles from one podunk town to another, shows half the UPS Ground cost that Wag Aero charged!!

UPS.jpg

Posted

I suppose Wag aero tacked on some, but usually they are pretty good with shipping.  It could have gone with USPS except for the hydraulic fluid.  JImChuk

Posted

Ya I just ordered some thinner and poly tak. She said it would be around $30 shipping. YIKES! How does ups charge $130 for a 4'x4' sheet of polycarbonate in a roll?

Posted (edited)

Hey guy's, instead of going crazy doing nothing, I decided to see what was going on with the group. Yes, shipping is getting pricy lately and probably won't go down. When you think of all the little stuff one has to order to redo an Avid/Fox, combined with the shipping charges it adds up pretty quick to a hefty sum.  And still some wannabe's question why one in good shape cost better than 15K-20K. And don't even think about time and sweat being involved. Most of us do it because we love it, plane and simple.

Edited by Allen Sutphin
2 people like this

Posted

Hey Allen,  I don't know if we do it cause we love it or we are just plain crazy.  Either way though I'm going to keep at it.  JImChuk

Posted

I don't know if this would work with Wag Aero, (I bought tires from them and shipping wasn't outrageous) but what I've done a couple of times when shipping seemed ridiculous was to call and ask if there is another way they can ship that is less expensive. More often than not they will do something. Or they just tack a "standard" charge on and they will take the money if they get it, but are also willing to fix if you call. Anyway it's worked for me before several times.

Posted

I usually have them ship with the post office, but because of the hydraulic fluid, it couldn't go that way.  JImChuk