Lexan shipping costs

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I was going to order 2 4'x4' sheets of lexan from Aircart Spruce until I saw the shipping price. If I understood it the lexan is around $80 and shipping $160 ! What the hell! Any other options?

Posted

Last lexan I got was from Seelye plastics in Duluth.  Cost was about 50 per sheet for .060" thick 4x8.  No cost for shipping, although I did run down to Duluth to pick it up.  Maybe there is a supplier close to you.  Just looking on the web, and see their base is Minneapolis  https://www.seelyeplastics.com/about-us.  I would call them.  Maybe they supply someone closer to you also.  JImChuk

Posted

Thanks Jim I'll check into it.

Posted

Menards by me has lexan in 0.093". It is $62 for a 4'x4' sheet. I just bought a sheet the other day.

Posted

Yeh, you should be able to get some local.  I did, and was surprised at the selection.

Posted

Same here. I just looked up plastic in the yellow pages (so to speak) and found a local supplier that carries all kinds of plastic and for a good price. You might also want to look at PETG. It's less expensive than polycarbonate with similar cold bend and shatterproof characteristics. It's popular as race car windshields.