Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stopped project

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Going to have to stop the install for a while. Had a tragic accident this weekend. Stepson, his wife and 6 yr old daughter were killed in a traffic accident last Thursday in SC.  Wife is taking it pretty hard so the Fox takes a back seat for awhile. Maybe in a few months I can get back to it.

Posted

So sorry to hear about your tragic loss. Prayers are with you and your family.

Jackak

Posted

Oh wow, that's terrible.  Sorry for you and your family in this trying time.  JImChuk

Posted

Allen, that is so tragic. My sincere condolences to you and your wife. Our little community here is a tight one, we all have families and we share a love of flying, we feel so much for you. Nick Lappos

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Guys! So you will understand if I don't post anything for awhile. Other matters take priority.

Posted

Very sorry for your loss. That is so tragic. Neil Rupp

Posted (edited)

Allen,

Wow.........so very sorry and heartfelt condolences. Thanks for letting us know. 

Paul 

Edited by allonsye

Posted

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. I'll keep your family in my prayers. That's a terrible thing to have happen. 

Posted

My condolences, take care of what's important, the plane will be waiting patiently for you to return!

Posted

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family.

Posted

So sorry Allen, prayers are with you and your family in this tough time.

Posted

Condolences to your wife, you, and your family. Praying for comfort at this time.

Posted

Sorry to hear this Allen.

Posted

Sorry for your loss, and condolences to you and your wife.  

Posted

Thank you.

Posted

Giving some serious consideration to selling the Fox, engine, prop, trailer and the whole conglomeration till I can move and find my own airstrip. I may be losing the current strip anyway.

Posted

A thought crossed my mind.  In a year or two, do you think you would look back and regret selling you project?  Good luck in what you decide.

Posted (edited)

That thought has been there with any aircraft I've sold. Most likely couldn't sell the Fox anyhow. Most don't understand how much you can get invested (money) in a reconditioning project and want an Avid/Fox for 10K in great condition, which we all know doesn't really exist anymore. All the little parts, shipping, and misc stuff add up pretty quick. The time and energy spent really doesn't have value to anyone but us. And I probably won't advertise it due to all the worthless calls you get from some people. Hard to sell one without advertising it. And I'd hate to sell and probably wouldn't sell to someone who has no knowledge of Kitfoxes cause to them, its just another airplane.

Edited by Allen Sutphin

Posted

Allen, so very sorry. How us mere mortals can survive such personal tragedy is hard to understand. Just know you and yours are in our Prayers now. Of course we will offer our help and support in any way we can. Please let us know if there is something we can do.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, services are over and the grueling task of clearing the estate begins.  The Fox is on hold for the present. Unless a group member would be interested in finishing the engine installation after buying it. I'll throw in the whole kit-n-kabootle.

Edited by Allen Sutphin

Posted

Going to have to stop the install for a while. Had a tragic accident this weekend. Stepson, his wife and 6 yr old daughter were killed in a traffic accident last Thursday in SC.  Wife is taking it pretty hard so the Fox takes a back seat for awhile. Maybe in a few months I can get back to it.

Very sorry to hear about this Allen. I had this type of tragedy in my family so know just what your going through. Neil Rupp