Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Microburst strobe and position lights

6 posts in this topic

Posted

They are good quality lights and bright. As with most strobes you will generally hear the flash in the radio. Not really a big deal breaker, though.

Posted

Is anyone running these lights?  Curious what your thoughts are regarding them.  I have heard some have radio interference issues.  Thanks,  JImChuk

https://www.chiefaircraft.com/whl-mb2k.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv-aH0s6k6gIV1z8BCh1g9A6uEAEYASABEgI3W_D_BwE

I have them on my kitfox got 75hrs on them and no fading of the lenses yet and no noise and still work great. I have them wired with the yellow wire going from one to the other. I did use shielded 3 wire to each.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a friend with them oh his plane. they have been reliable and are very bright.

Posted (edited)

I'm a bit of a cheapskate sometimes, and have been trying to make my own system.  Yesterday I ordered some LED replacement bulbs for Whelan or Grimes position lights.  Got them off Amazon for 42 for the pair.  I have the Grimes lites with regular bulbs on my Avid, n figured that if my experimenting doesn't give the results I'm after I'll use the LEDs in the Avid's lites.  I was ready to order a set of those Micro burst lites but then read about radio issues.  I have a couple of sets of the Whelan old style lights, but hate to used them.  Heavy system, and draw lots of power.   JImChuk

PS  thanks for the responces!

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Think this is where I bought my wIre from. It was about the cheapest that I found that I dared to use.  Lots of fun stuff on this site.

https://www.strobesnmore.com/Cables-Accessories.html