HKS install

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks! Intakes aren't going to be a major thing. Exhaust will take a little bit of hillbilly engineering. Hopefully re-bend the original pipes to mate with the muffler and clear the mount.

Posted

Looking good!!

Posted

Nice work Allen. It's hard to tell from your pics, but I'm wondering if your oil tank placement might be slightly higher than specified in the installation manual... not sure whether it maybe any issues out what flow problems it might create

Screenshot_2020-07-04-22-33-26-71.png

Screenshot_2020-07-04-22-33-34-27.png

Posted (edited)

According to Green Sky adventures a few years ago, that recommendation is violated 75% of the time and hasn't been an issue. The height requirement was to prevent oil from draining back into the engine. Though it has proven not to be an issue.

Edited by Allen Sutphin

Posted (edited)

And from looking at pictures of a lot of different installations, the tank is usually mounted is some odd locations out of interference of some other item.  Of course if possible, the recommendation should be followed. I would rather have it a tad high than low. Time will tell the story. In a lot of installations, extra space to put things is hard to find.

Edited by Allen Sutphin

Posted (edited)

Finally got some new intakes made and welded up.  Did not want them any shorter so turned the air filters up. So far everything fits, tight but fits. Oil hoses are mock-ups to check fit and clearance and then new ones made.

Intakes 002.JPG

Intakes 003.JPG

Edited by Allen Sutphin
2 people like this

Posted

Finally got time to have new oil hoses made and get installed. Maybe a little overkill on the hoses since they are high pressure hyd hoses. But they did fit.

1 person likes this

Posted

hey I have always said if its worth doing its worth over doing. Looken great Allen.

Posted

hey I have always said if its worth doing its worth over doing. Looken great Allen.

Then again I have also heard, why is it that there is never enough time to do it right, but always time to go back and fix it later.  Usually that was applying to something on a construction job.   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a habit of overbuilding things. This is not a good thing when you build airplanes.