Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 fuel pump

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Can anybody tell me if a 912 uses a pulse pump or not, and if so is it the standard pulse pump we all use?

Posted

912 has a mechanical pump driven by a cam in the gearbox. 

Posted

Thanks, don't know much about 912's. What I am figuring out is if a standard pulse pump that we use on 582's and such will work on the HKS. It has the pulse ports on the intakes for a pulse pump but the HKS pump, which I don't have, is very similar to the mikuni dual pump. And the pressure and flow is almost the same. Of course, I always use an electric back-up pump.

Posted (edited)

The HKS engine I had used a Mikuni duel fuel pump, same as my 582.  You can see it in the picture.  I had hung it on the Kitfox 4 to see if I could make it run.  It did.  There is a hose going between the intake manifolds, and Ts into the fuel pump pulse port.  You can see it bolted to the plywood (firewall???) right above the carb.  JImChuk

Photo0599.jpg

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

Thanks! Then that is what I'll use. I've got a couple on the shelf. When I get caught up enough to work on the Fox. Seems I am like a dog chasing its tail lately. Just not enough time in a day. I did send the Challenger airframe down the road, basically give it away to get it out of my hair.

Edited by Allen Sutphin