Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cheap Kitfox 4 on barnstorms 912

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this one, seems to good to be true, and wonder if it is?   JImChuk

KITFOX IV 1200 • $16,500 • AVAILABLE • KITFOX IV 1200- Super Clean Award winner! -Rotax 912 Warp Drive 3 blade prop..1200# gross weight. • Contact Brian Dueck , Owner - located Watsonville, CA United States Telephone: 831-566-9911 • 831-566-9911 • Posted May 26, 2020 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

thumbnail_image_1577667_1.jpeg?4334

Posted

I just saw that. That incredibly cheap, especially for the shape it looks like its in, in the picture 

Posted

I'm thinking I would make the deal in person, no sending money and hoping it's all good on this one.  ...  Just had an interesting experience a few days ago.   Someone posted an engine for sale somewhere, at a bit on the low side for price.  Got his phone # and called him.  He said he had sold his plane to someone who didn't want that engine as they had one of their own. When I asked about how many hours, there was quite a pause as if he was asking someone else what to say...  Finally he said less then 300 hrs.   I asked a few more questions, and then asked him what the N #  of his plane was.  (who wouldn't know that)  Seemed like he didn't know what I was talking about.  When I mentioned the registration number, he said no one ever asked that, and he never answered me.  Finally I told him I would like to see the exhaust manifold removed and pictures taken of the pistons.  He said he would get them to me by that evening.   "I promise"  he said.   Course I never got them, but about 4 days later he texted me asking if the payment had been sent.   Then he texts saying his wife has terminal cancer and he needs the money for medications.   I had never made any commitment to buy at all.  Don't know if he had me mixed up with someone else, cause he said why did you ask for info on wiring the money.   I never did ask for any of that info, Finally I told him to not bother me again unless it's to send me the N # of his plane.  Haven't heard back.  Pretty sure that was a scam, and it makes me mad when there are those kind of people around, cause it makes it hard to trust someone who is deserving of trust.  Have had several other apparent scams on people answering adds on barnstormers in the last few months as well.  Usually if one can have a longer conversation, it starts to become apparent if the person knows anything about aviation or is a scammer.  Always be suspicious if they want to give you more money then you asked for as well.  Red flag for sure.   JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Anymore, I want to see whatever I am buying in person. Same with selling, bring the money and come and get it. Makes me cautious about buying or selling anything. But then I can't travel all over the country anymore to look at stuff.  So I lose out a lot of times.

1 person likes this

Posted

That stuff makes me mad too.

Something about when you work hard for every penny you have then someone out there thinks they deserve it more than you do. Really gets to me.

Posted

I called him last night and he said he was talking to someone else, and when he hang with them he'd call me back but he never did, so I might try again later.