Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Big Wings Project For Speedwing

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi All

I have the chance to re-acquire the conventional gear Mk4 Speedwing that I briefly owned a few years ago but never got to fly. (I'm in the UK)

I already have a fast aeroplane so I'd like to build a set of big wings for the Avid to make it more of a short strip machine than in speedwing format. I'm looking for advice as to the best approach to this as I know there are a few options with both Avid and Kitfox wings and possibly with wing extensions. A few specific areas of questions:

If building wings, which ones? I'm not too bothered about speed but will need to have the wings approved by our LAA so would rather stick with a known Avid or Kitfox design. What design data/drawings/parts are actually available today? Where could I get flapperons assuming these were factory made parts?

Struts; Would I need to make new struts? I assume I'd need to reduce the washout; is it adjustable by rod ends or is that a make new struts thing?

Wingtip extensions: I know there used to be a kit but is this something drawings are available for?

Any help much appreciated!

Regards

Ad

Edited by Ad Eves
1 person likes this