Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changing or adding your avatar picture

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Click on your screen name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, you should see a drop down menu. Click on "my profile"

Once on your profile page, there should be a button on the right side of the srecc a couple inches below where you just selected your screen name at that says "edit profile" Click that big button.

On the left you should have a menu of things you can change. Click on "change avatar"

You can now upload the image from your computer. It will resize the picture automatically if you dont already have it sized down to 150 X 150.

A word of advice here. If it is a huge picture, you will want to crop it down to the area that you are really intersted in showing so when it resizes the pic, you can still see what you want shown... IE, if the picture happens to be you flying with a cool mountain back drop and the original size is some huge 2000+ X 2000+ when it resizes the picture to 150 X 150, you will need a magnifying glass to see your plane and it will look like a fly turd on a white back ground.

If these destructions leave you totaly in the dark, and nothing is really shown on the screen like I said it would be let me know. As admin, my screen looks a little different than your does and I will have to make another ID for meself so I see what you see :lol:

While you are in there adding your picture etc, you can also add in a signature line so it will show on every post and you dont have to keep typing in your name every time. If you have troubles with it and want me to do it for you that is not a problem, just shoot me a note or post up a pic and tell me to put it in as your avatar.

:BC:

Posted

Hey Leni,

I sent you a check via snail mail.  Did it arrive?  Hopefully it can help to ease your financial burden in keeping this wonderful site open.  I would love to show up as "contributing member" when you have the time.  And again, thanks for launching and maintaining this site.  You are doing us all a great service.

Posted

Hey Leni,

I sent you a check via snail mail.  Did it arrive?  Hopefully it can help to ease your financial burden in keeping this wonderful site open.  I would love to show up as "contributing member" when you have the time.  And again, thanks for launching and maintaining this site.  You are doing us all a great service.

I do not think I have seen it.  I did have some mail get stolen a few weeks ago.  Please keep an eye on it and see if it shows as being cashed.  I updated you anyway Mr.

Thanks

Posted

A plus for Paypal….. JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't been able to access my profile for years! :wacko:

Posted

Sorry to tell you Jim, but my paypal has been hacked 2 times.

Posted

Say, how does one add that extra stuff at the bottom of the message?

Posted

Say, how does one add that extra stuff at the bottom of the message?

go to your profile and look for the edit signature.  You can put all the good stuff in your signature then.

Posted

When I click on "my profile" all I get is a fatal error 404 or something like that. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

Posted

When I click on "my profile" all I get is a fatal error 404 or something like that. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

I can get into your profile through the admin control panel but not when I click on it like normal.  I have done just about everything I can think of to make this work.  I am going to try and make a new profile for you, then merge the old profile with the new one and see if that keeps everything you have posted.

Posted

It appears that I have a profile now! Thanks :-)

1 person likes this

Posted

It appears that I have a profile now! Thanks :-)

Your welcome.  If anyone else is having an issue with being able to get into your profile please let me know and I now have a redneck fix for it.