Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Model 4

11 posts in this topic

Posted

A model 4 with Jab 2200 in Pa. for 21,000 on barnstormers. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Posted

Did the plane look crooked to you in the head on photo?  May have been the angle.  The price is very good but I have to wonder why when model 1s are now going for that price.

Posted

Good point!  A new jab 2200 is 15K and the ad states newer Jab engine. I will probably tick a few people off but my opinion is  the 1's, 2's and 3's are the best bang for the buck. But again, he may no longer have a use for it. Think I'll stick with my new model 2. Just something about a restored "classic" that has that feel to it.  Yea, I am weird person when it comes to airplanes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im concidering selling my black model 1 ser#0021 with all the stuff i have to update it to a blue582/Ebox,EIS 

Posted

Im concidering selling my black model 1 ser#0021 with all the stuff i have to update it to a blue582/Ebox,EIS 

I know if I had more than one and they were bringing $20000 I would sell one too.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's today's prices!  Wait a couple years and see what they bring. If you look at what new kits (any kit) are going for, 20K+ isn't out of reason. Many RTF ultralights are well above 30K and that doesn't include the bugs in your teeth. I have a hard time understanding why everyone thinks a 1, 2, or 3 isn't worth that much.

Edited by Allen Sutphin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That's today's prices!  Wait a couple years and see what they bring. If you look at what new kits (any kit) are going for, 20K+ isn't out of reason. Many RTF ultralights are well above 30K and that doesn't include the bugs in your teeth. I have a hard time understanding why everyone thinks a 1, 2, or 3 isn't worth that much.

I bet in a couple years the prices will be cut in half.  My guess is as soon as Trent buys a better airplane and shows what it can do that will be the aircraft of choice.  I like Kitfox but There is really nothing special about them.  There really fun to watch on TV and makes you want one.

Edited by TJay
1 person likes this

Posted

I know if I had more than one and they were bringing $20000 I would sell one too.

mine could b around the $15-18 price if someone wanted it. It flys but will need some love one day cause of fabric is old, Hell i have 2flyin and one more model 1 i can build beside the pa12.  That y thinking of parting with the blackfox, put that $ into the re-rebuild of the pa12. Ill b moving into flying it anyways. 

Posted (edited)

I bet in a couple years the prices will be cut in half.  My guess is as soon as Trent buys a better airplane and shows what it can do that will be the aircraft of choice.  I like Kitfox but There is really nothing special about them.  There really fun to watch on TV and makes you want one.

Well, maybe nothing special that sticks out. Decent performance, enclosed cockpit, 2 seat, appealing looks, folding wings for around 20K. To many, that is a desirable aircraft. Play with the big boys for a third of the cost. Trent may move to a different aircraft, but when he starts talking Carbon Cub, Just Aircraft, etc. at 100-200K, most realize they are out. The Kitfox name allows some to think they are in the same ballpark as he is, even if its a model 1, 2, or 3. No 20K Carbon Cubs or Just Aircraft models to be had for that price.  Facts are, that for the most of us, a "classic" Fox or Avid gives us the same feeling as Trent's 100K model 5 does for him. But then, ask any owner if his aircraft is special to him.

Edited by Allen Sutphin
2 people like this

Posted

If Trent moves to a Just Aircraft I wonder if the KF bridge will flame. He and John have helped each other with their relationship over the past few years. Chance to get a bit ugly like a lover's split?

Posted

If Trent moves to a Just Aircraft I wonder if the KF bridge will flame. He and John have helped each other with their relationship over the past few years. Chance to get a bit ugly like a lover's split?

I wonder how many airplanes he has sold for kitfox? Anybody know what the wait time for a kit was 5 years ago vs today?