Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel tanks Mdl 3 and 4

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have an early Kitfox IV, sn 1917.  It has the 1200 gross weight, but the small tail.  Ones a few serial numbers down the road went to a larger tail.  Often I have wondered if it was really a 1050 gross weight vs the 1200 on the data plate.

Regardless. It has the small 6 gal wing tanks feeding a header tank behind the seat.  I bought a 12 gal tank that has KF 3 on it.  Will a KF3 tank fit into a KF 4?  Anyone know?  If it will fit, does anyone have the mate for this. If it will not..anyone want to buy the KF 3 tank?  The one I have is for the passenger side. Need a pilot side.

Thanks

Edited by kitfoxjunky
typo

Posted

Kitfox specifies a different tank for the 1,2 an 3 models then for the model 4-7.  I do know a guy who is looking for a tank like yours though, and will let him know about it. JImChuk

Posted

I have a Kitfox Model 1. I would buy your 13 gallon tank for a reasonable price if you find it is not usable in your plane.

Kirk

Posted

Kirk, glad you made it on the site.  If you put your cursor on his name, a box will appear where you can send him a private message as well.  Sometimes a good way to send someone an email address or phone # if one doesn't want to put it out for every one to see.  JImChuk

Posted

Something to be aware of. The factory asks what your wing twist is when ordering model 1-3 tanks, and they are custom made for that twist. Just because it is from a 1-3 doesn't mean one size fits all.

Posted

Bob has put earlier model tanks in later model wings and vise versa.  He had to do a little bit of fairing, but when it was all said and done the airplane didn't know the difference and all have flown well.

The football tanks on the struts will get you another 10 gallons and the plane does not seem to know that they are there performance wise. 

:BC: