Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wanting to buy Kitfox round cowl

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all.  I may be in the market for a pre model 5 Kitfox round cowl.  In fact, maybe just the front two pieces.  Anybody got any bits and pieces gathering dust?  Thanks,  JImChuk

Posted

Think I have the bottom half of a model 4 let me know if that would work then ill dig it out and take a picture

Posted

Sent you a PM.  Thanks,  JImChuk

Posted

I have a complete 4 piece setup id mayb sell hanging in shed, off a model 1, also the motor/fuse mount for it. 

Posted

Jim those pre model 5 ones are pretty short.  My buddy with kf4 rx1 had to do a "sleeve ring" for some added length.

Not a difficult mid, but some extra work.

Posted

Thanks for the info Brett.  The guy I'm helping is going with the Apex with Teal's gearbox.  Wonder how much difference that will make from the RX1 with a C gearbox?  I've been trying to find a sideview drawing of the engine and Teal's gearbox, that a person could make a full sized cardboard cut out from to get some idea how far forward, and how high it would be on the plane, and what it would take to put a cowl over it.  No success yet.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah well the apex setup is so much lower and shorter that I bet it'll fit under many different cowls.   I bet that a short round would need very little if any mod at all. 

Edited by Yamma-Fox
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Here's a pic of Bryan Dacus's KF4 short round cowl with Skytrax Apex

It is definitely crammed in there, the prop is nice and high but not centered in the opening, but it goes to show that it can be done.

FB_IMG_1586452798500.jpg

Edited by Yamma-Fox
3 people like this

Posted

Thanks Brett.  Very helpful info.  It would be interesting to see what his set up looks like without the cowl on as well.  Any idea if any pics are out on the web somewhere showing it?  Thanks,  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Brett.  Very helpful info.  It would be interesting to see what his set up looks like without the cowl on as well.  Any idea if any pics are out on the web somewhere showing it?  Thanks,  JImChuk

Join up Facebook under an alias Jim!  Try a name like "One Avid Flyer".  Then join our group and you can see Bryan's many build posts and pics, and tons of other info. 

FB_IMG_1586476907156.jpg

FB_IMG_1586476971276.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the pictures Brett.  They really help!.  My wife is on Facebook, maybe I'll try to join her up on the group.  I'm on the computer to much as it is, all I would have to do is get hooked on Facebook, and I would never leave this seat.  JImChuk

3 people like this

Posted

You won Brett.  I took the leap.  Kitfox and Yamaha conversions so far.  Now to see if there is an Avid Flyer group.  JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Market place is wonderful too. I love that you can see who you buying from before you say Yeah Ill buy it.

1 person likes this

Posted

any way I can purchase that same airbox?

Posted (edited)

You won Brett.  I took the leap.  Kitfox and Yamaha conversions so far.  Now to see if there is an Avid Flyer group.  JImChuk

Hopefully no-one starts an AvidFoxFlyers FB group.

It would just dillute what we have here and I think it sucks to have multiple places to check in on.

The Kitfox FB group has really taken a whack out of TKF for sure.

Edited by Yamma-Fox
1 person likes this

Posted

Well I'm still new at it, and learning how it works, but I like the forum set up way better for getting info.  

2 people like this

Posted

Some of us avoid FB like the plague, always will.

3 people like this

Posted

You might be like me, the only book my face is on is hanging in the post office!

2 people like this

Posted

Some of us avoid FB like the plague, always will.

Well I did up till now.  I'm not sure I like it.  I did set up the privacy setting so only friends of friends can try to be friends with me.  Seeing as how I did it before I made any friends, nobody can try to be friends with me.  I can still post responces or ask questions in the groups I joined. I only wanted to access the information available there.  Like the Yamaha engine conversion stuff and such.   I do think a forum setup like this is much more user friendly for pulling up older information.  Just my observations so far.  JImChuk