Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wing pins

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody have a lead on where to buy replacement spar pins? AS&S or LEAF doesn't carry them that big. Otherwise I'll just order AN5 bolts to replace them. I misplaced one today and thought losing one would mean your grounded till its found or replaced. AN bolts and castle nuts will work fine, just the pins are quicker for those of us that fold the wings constantly. I would say Kitfox probably still uses the same pin in the newer models so they might have them at a nice price.

Posted

Spruce carrys some that are 2 21/32 foe a $1.93 but thats all I see that would work

Posted

I think the correct length of the originals are 2 27/32. I made a couple temporary replacements from AN5 bolts in case of emergency. Same strength as the pins, just used the shank and head of a long bolt. They would be used in a temp situation but would work long term as far as strength is concerned. Thanks!

Posted

Thanks! I'll remeasure and get a couple. 

Posted (edited)

I still have the original package from spruce with that number on it and used pins in it.  The chart for dimensions of AN clevis pins in the spruce catalogue lists Dash 85 as 2 21/32 "Effective length". I measured the pins.  I replaced all the wing attach hardware every couple years.

Edited by tcj

Posted

If they work for you, then they will work for me! Thanks.

Posted

I just bought new ones from kitfox  $8.30 shipped!