Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apollo Fox project

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks like those prior strut bracket repair attempts need redone, those can't be oem wing strut brackets. On a SLSA, I am 100% certain those wing and strut repairs would be categorized as 'major' repairs to be performed by AP only. No owner repairs (or even some regular maintenance) allowed. Check the Apollo SLSA Maintenance And Repair Manual, it should provide direction. My SLSA maint. manual would require new, factory manufactured wings and struts for similar damages. Not repairable, period. Assuming damages are limited to those mentioned in the ad ie., no other internal wing or fuse damage, it appears to need new flaperons too and a fair amount of work. How hard is it to secure oem parts from Apollo in FL? I can tell you that certain parts for my EU manufactured SLSA are a real PITA to source, but if these planes are put together in FL it might not be an issue. I would call them and get a feel before I did anything. Of course, you can always drop it to ELSA and fabricate something, but the nature of these major repairs will effect resale if done by a D.I.Y.'er, IMO. I'd be curious if the measure between f/r spar tube attach bushings is 27" like the Avid/KF wing or 27-1/2" like the Aerotrek wing with aluminum ribs and fuel tanks.

1 person likes this