Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today's action

5 posts in this topic

Posted

This plane was taking off when I showed up to the airport, earlier today. He was climbing way too steep. I saw what was coming, and tried to get video on my phone, but he made a quick recovery from the stall and went on his way. I don't know how I didn't hear him flip the plane a hundred yards away from me, a few minutes later, but I missed it somehow. It looks like he tried to land on the ski strip and just nosed over. 

737F2FB1-C0B2-45C5-8CC4-3788D3326908.jpeg

F1AB6607-FF94-4F8E-82D2-99C6598B1C70.jpeg

Posted

Man thats to bad to c that, not a very cheap repair, surely pilot eror, wonder y he tried landing on ski strip with nose gear.

Mayb was having some problems with it?

Posted

Nuther data point in the insurance premium calculation....

Posted

I looked up the number, and it appears that the registration has been canceled since 2013. That 175 has been sitting there with flat tires for awhile, before yesterday. My guess is that maybe he just bought it, or they just showed up here to get it going, and did everything wrong. Maybe it was an engine problem. I should have heard it, but there was a big snowbank between me and the plane, and the snow could have muffles the sound. Watching his departure stall, it was obviously climbing too steep, but he recovered quickly without losing any significant altitude. I'd guess that they weren't familiar with the plane or the airport. 

Posted

I am going to put money on the good old cessna seat rails.  No way would one intentionally climb out like that on take off.  The seat sliding back on take off has killed more than a few I know of up here, he is beyond lucky to have walked away.

1 person likes this