Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Going crazy

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't know about anybody else, but even here in Hillbilly land people are going crazy in buying stuff to hoard. Seems they have already or going to shut down about everything. Most of the scare tatics are caused by the news reporters and press. And am sure its worse in other places besides here. It really isn't so much the local people as it is the suppliers trying to get the stuff shipped in to the stores. If it isn't the yuppies, yappies, or doomsday yoyo's going into a panic, things would carry on pretty much normal around here. Social distancing around here is pretty much a way of life and always has been just because of where we live. I guess I am in a b#t&hie mood this morning, but I rarely watch the news lately. Just tired of listening to all the bull&%#*. Alright, the rant is over!

2 people like this

Posted

You're not the only one Allen. Here in Nevada, there are a lot of us that feel the same way.

1 person likes this

Posted

It is surprising how some people react. Im sure there is reason to b worried, its even going on here in Ak.  Ive cn MRE's that use to sell on CL for $40-60 per case now going for $100-125 per case, my wife is a cake decorator at Safeway, she says its crazy in there people yelling at eachother and buying up every roll of TP, Paper Towels, Hand Sanitizer, Cold Meds, Bottled Water. 

I told her well least u can tell the difference between a real Alaskan, and the Transplanted ones.

Real ones already stock pile all that stuff,  remember if the Canadian Border totally shuts down no Trucks get thro with anything 

Not sure how true this is, but i heard they shutdown state borders in the south, Dad says he thinks Louisianna(where my folks at) is already shutdown. Anyone know for sure?

Posted

Several states have shut down their borders. WVa has not yet, since we have very few cases of the virus (12) but travel is not recommended outside or into the state.

Posted

Travel is not recommended but I sure love paying $1.44 per gallon Gas and having the gas stations to myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, for some of us going crazy is a very short trip!  No reason to cross state lines for me! :P

2 people like this

Posted

I'm driving back home  to Mn from South Carolina.  Illinois was supposedly under lock down, but there are lots of cars and trucks on the road.  Looked almost like normal to me.  Plus rain that turned to snow for the last 75 miles.  Got a motel though so all is good.  JImChuk

PS. Rules said that non residents traveling home could travel through so I wasn't worried about the lockdown.  Seems like most others aren't either

Posted

Illinois is just under a "stay at home" order from our dip$##T governor.  Basically, he hasn't declared martial law, so it is really only a recommendation from his office. It is his office telling people to stay home as a way of forced social distancing. 

I've made 2 trips to empty my father's house in lower Michigan since the order took place. Drove from my house to my father's empty house with zero people in it, loaded up and drove home. Repeat.  Only stopped for gas using a credit card at the pump.  You can still practice social distancing and do what you need to do if you aren't an idiot.

Posted

Oh.  I'm also taking my wfe's car to the dealer today. we will probably get carry out from our favorite BBQ joint over there, and we have to get a normal amount of groceries today.  That's what an Illinois lockdown is like.

Posted (edited)

I made it through Illinois with no issues, got home today about 5:30.  It was a beautiful day, so I quick ran out to the hangar and plugged the oil pan heater in.  Ran back to the house, unloaded the car (packed to the gills from 3 1/2  months down south).  Drug the plane out about 6:45, and was flying by 7:00.  Got .8 hr before it got to late to fly.  I'm actually kind of proud of myself, drove 1360 miles in the last 2 days, and still had the gumption to go flying this evening.  Not bad for an old fart of 68....  JImChuk

PS  when I told the wife I was going flying, she said, sure, why not..   have fun!   what a sweetheart

PS PS  incase is seems kind of funny that I posted about flying videos last week, and today I was driving back from South Carolina, I'll explain.  Wife's daughter lives in Greenville SC.  When we left Gulf Shores, Al, we went there, and I flew home after 3 days.   Was going to fly back on April 1 to get her and then come home.  Because of the corona thing, I went back last Thursday, and we got back today....

Edited by 1avidflyer
2 people like this

Posted

Stress reliever!