New Owner

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

Just purchased a well-used Kitfox 2 with 912UL...bought it sight-unseen and starting to wonder if I made a mistake as I'm going through it now and trying to make sense of it.  Apologies in advance for the plethora or dumb questions to soon follow in future posts!!

Posted

I was a crew chief in the Air force and Air Guard for 21 years. As a wing nut (one stripe on the sleeve, kind of looks like a wing nut), at my first duty station. My OJT instructor was Staff Sergeant Bill Smith. The first thing he told me was (The only stupid question, is the one that is not asked). 

There is a lot of valuable information and a lot of rebels that are very good people on this website. We will answer any question, including questions about shopping at COSTCO if needed. Ask away.

Posted

Welcome to the group.  Kit fox 2 with a 912 should be a real performer.  Pictures are always welcome.  And feel free to ask questions. JImChuk

Posted

Pictures would really be nice. Could provide a lot of insight to things that might need attention.

Posted

Hey guys!  I've already posted looking for a few things that need some attention...mainly the ignition modules and associated wires.  I bought it sight unseen, and when taking the cowl and glare shield off, it was a MESS.  Trying to make sense of all the capacitors and stuff...taking out what I don't need...but yes, I don't really know what I'm doing entirely.  

IMG_6530.jpg

IMG_6684.jpg

IMG_6533.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Don't let it dishearten you! One step at a time and the information and help is out there. Much of it is on here. Yes parts are high (Rotax) but many used parts around also. A model 2 will do good on several 2 stroke engines also. Everybody likes or wants 4 strokes but the 2 strokes have advantages. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to overhaul, lighter, requires a little more maint but easier to maintain, and an educated owner has the reliability of many 4 strokes.  So do a little research and dig in and have fun. Besides, you've got a nice looking plane, so its worth the time and work!

Edited by Allen Sutphin

Posted (edited)

Very nice looking plane! man ull have a heck of a ball working on, and flying it!!!  

Cool looking inside door handels. 

Dont forget the AD on the fuel pump of that 912, looks like the old style hard to tell for sure in pic. 

Edited by Buckchop