Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Original Builder

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Finally located and talked to the original builder of my model 2.  Seemed like a pleasant guy and we chatted for a few minutes. One thing that stuck with me was he said he wished he had never sold it. I hear that a lot lately. I am the third owner, the middle owner I think, never took it off the trailer. So now I know the history of it. Which to me, means a lot. Never been damaged, ground looped, and never sat outside. The internal inspection confirmed this, also. So it wasn't a big issue taking it back to new condition. But glad I did for my satisfaction.

Posted

Do you still wish you had your Kit fox 4?

Posted

Of Course!  Can't find a model 4 nowdays. Unless you want to pay dearly. In all honesty, a model 2 and 4 only have a couple differences. Ones that I can live without due to the price difference.  With a little work one could be converted to a 4. Myself, don't think its worth the effort since a 2 will do what I want. And if a four stroke is the only engine in someone's vocabulary, then that can be solved also. BTW, the original builder flew this one with a 503 for many hours and said it flew just fine. So adding 5-7 more horsepower can't help but be better.

Posted

Thats cool i just did the same a few weeks ago on my model 1, but reason was cause mine has changed hands a few times with a couple bill of sales, but no one had done the registration paperwork, so its still in original builders name from 1988.  He said he didnt realize nobody did paperwork and would b MORE than happy to sign the paper, just need to send it to him now.  Also he told me was one of the best/funnest times of his life building it and will b back in Ak this summer, and will bring me a few old pic, and of course i offered him a ride in the plane. 

:flag:

Posted

Mine was actually pretty painless getting mine registered again with a new AW cert. Since its like new again with new engine, new logbooks were started. FAA insp really didn't look at the airframe, just the paperwork. He did glance at the engine installation for a few minutes and then said 5 hrs phase 1 and carry on.