Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DIY replacement rubber in engine mount

4 posts in this topic

Posted

not getting any response from the kitfox factory, so maybe I can make my own replacement rubbers for the 912UL mount KIII. I can't find the forum article that described how somebody did their own, and leads appreciated

Posted

Atosrider, I don’t remember reading anything on the 912, but 582 replacements were discussed. I found several potential substitutes, among them Ace hdw. had drive in pipe plugs, Napa ‘46 Chevy truck motor mounts, also having been in the logtruck business some radiator mounts could be modified also ‘70s Peerless log trailers had flat rubber spring insulaters. Just some ideas. Somebody will come up with better ones more akin to aircraft no doubt. Good luck!

Posted

Any pic of it by chance? This old gold miner may have some ideas, and i have a shitton of rubber isolater bushings (probably a 5gallon bucket full) off of stationary generator sets and electric motors, i dont throw anything away,  mayb able to match something up so u can get some new.

if u end up making some id make them out of bulldog rubber, ive used it manytimes to make mounts, 1" thick comes in a sheet 3' wide, but u may find a scrap piece, a rubber/hose supplie shop (place here is called Alaska Rubber&Rigging) may have it, its easy to work with, drilling holes cutting ect, and inperviouse to fuel/oils and stiff but soft, i know that sounds funny. Hahahahahahahaaaa  

Posted

not getting any response from the kitfox factory, so maybe I can make my own replacement rubbers for the 912UL mount KIII. I can't find the forum article that described how somebody did their own, and leads appreciated

you might try Rans, the rubbers for the Coyotes with 912 are the same, that is what I used last time I changed mine out.