Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stupid Question

13 posts in this topic

Posted

With the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, why the h%#@ are people buying up toilet paper!!  Am I missing something?

Posted

I know right? And did u c the hit that Corona Beer is taking? I heard sales is down 

Posted

A friend of mine from West Sacramento CA went to Costco yesterday. They were out of toilet paper, paper towels, and hand sanitizer.

Posted (edited)

We went to Costco in yakima a couple days ago.  Got there right after the doors opened.  There were already more people in the store than we had ever seen.  They all had their carts piled head high and higher with cases of bottled  water, paper towels, and Toilet paper.  We needed just a few groceries.

After a while a lady came up to us and said "I noticed that you and I are the only ones in the store that don't have any bottled water paper towels or toilet paper in our carts, what's going on?"  We had a good laugh and asked an old guy why.  He said everyone was going to be quarantined because of "That virus".  My wife asked him if the water was going to be turned off too.  He said "Well yes".

I went back to the toilet paper area just to see what was happening there.  The shelves were bare and two employees on lift trucks were bringing out pallets of toilet paper and water as fast as they could turn around. The shoppers were emptying  them as soon as they were set down.

We were ready to check out in about 30 minutes.  Every check stand was open and the lines were half way to the back of the store.

Edited by tcj

Posted

My guess is that TP is much better than pinecones.  I don't get the mass hysteria though.  

:BC:

Posted

My guess is that TP is much better than pinecones.  I don't get the mass hysteria though.  

Reminds me of the old joke about the fuller brush salesman (ya, that probably dates me) An old couple didn't want to buy any of his new fangled brushes, and so he said he would let them try some, and if they didn't like them, they didn't have to pay him for them next time he stopped by.  Few weeks later, he stopped back, and asked how the brushes were.  They said the tooth brush and hair brush were fine, and they would pay for them.  But they said they were going to stick with toilet paper, cause that toilet brush was just to rough.,   JImChuk

4 people like this

Posted

Reminds me of the old joke about the fuller brush salesman (ya, that probably dates me) An old couple didn't want to buy any of his new fangled brushes, and so he said he would let them try some, and if they didn't like them, they didn't have to pay him for them next time he stopped by.  Few weeks later, he stopped back, and asked how the brushes were.  They said the tooth brush and hair brush were fine, and they would pay for them.  But they said they were going to stick with toilet paper, cause that toilet brush was just to rough.,   JImChuk

:lmao:

Posted

LOLOL

:lmao:

Posted

I have well water, soap and water, and plenty of frozen leaves around so I guess I am good. I never really had a need for 4 dozen rolls of toilet paper. Except maybe when I was a senior in high school. But that's a secret so don't tell anybody!

1 person likes this

Posted

There's 160 acres of corn across the road from me so I'll be good to go this summer.

2 people like this

Posted

There's 160 acres of corn across the road from me so I'll be good to go this summer.

Funny video I saw today that this comment made me think of... JImChuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIRiTjQJvQ

1 person likes this

Posted

This 'panic' reminds me of the rush for supplies, gas, generators etc. for Y2k end of times. Months of SHTF self-reliance prep ended in a lot of embarrassment and super cheap, never run gen sets (got one!).

Re: Corona Beer, not a big fan but I do own shares of parent Constellation Brands who just reported sales are up, link HERE

On a related note, has anyone else noticed there has been a virus scare -coincidentally- every two years coinciding with Federal election years going back decades? (Off the top of my head: Ebola, West Nile, Bird Flu, SARS, MRS, Monkey Pox, Measles, Covid-19 etc.) In my opinion to deliberately roil financial markets and deflect from good news, but that's another discussion.

4 people like this

Posted

With the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, why the h%#@ are people buying up toilet paper!!  Am I missing something?

And why are they buying up water????