Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel System Schematic

3 posts in this topic

Posted

FWIW, this configuration is what my SLSA w/ 912ULS uses. Note: the restrictor in the return line is shown but not labeled in the drawing.

image.thumb.jpeg.85baa553fc1d0fffc075024

Posted (edited)

My Avid MkIV has this system. I have a 4 psi boost pump, continuously on, in the engine compartment that feeds the engine pneumatic pump, just in case.

Fuel System.jpg

Edited by nlappos

Posted

Thanks Doug.  My system is pretty much like that.  I did put in a return line.  From checking on line, I found that Rotax says use a .035" opening in the return line.  I took a barbed fitting, drilled into the mouth of it in 4 places at an angle, and then soldered that end solid.  Once it cooled, I pounded the solder in some more in case it had shrunk.  the 4 holes make it impossible for the plug to fall out.  Then I drilled a .043" hole in the solder for the bypass.  Smallest size bit I had.  I am leary of overpressuring the system.  I had issues with my Jabiru when my fuel pump was putting out to much pressure and overpowering the float valve needle.  That lead to one of my dead stick landings...That was with a type 94 Bing which is just a larger version of the type 64 used on the 912.  In talking to the tech guy at Bing, he said those carbs are not meant to have much pressure.  I now run my Jabiru with gravity feed except for takeoff, and I have a feeling I wouldn't need it then either perhaps.  JImChuk