Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aeromomentum AM-10

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody got any comments on this engine?  Sounds pretty good, but then they usually do.

Posted

Interested in this motor also. 

Posted

It's another auto conversion. 

• How long will they be around? 
  • When they're gone what do you do for parts? 
  • Can it be insured? 
  • What is your resale requirement?
  • What is your tolerance for risk?

Posted

There are more used 912 rotaxs on the market all the time.  I think for half the price of new, a person can find one that's in good shape, and have an engine that fits well with our type of planes.  Last summer, I talked to Hal Stockman's sales person Jay, and he had an 80 HP with about 700 hrs on it that he would have shipped to me for 6950.  It probably would have been good for a long time.  Hal had gone through it to some extent, so it had been checked out.  Of course, any engine is a gamble, even brand new ones sometimes blow up.  JImChuk 

1 person likes this

Posted

I have not given my 582 a chance yet.  I have done the break in and did some taxi runs with it.  Actually runs pretty smooth.  Living here my whole life, I have spent many hours running snow gos with two strokes and have to say they were pretty reliable.  That being said my other airplanes I have owned had lycoming and cont. motors and did real well too.  I guess the appeal of the Aeromomentum engines is the fuel injection and electronic ignition, for the price and weight.  They say they have been run for many hours on airboats with good reliability, but that’s a boat.  So I guess time will tell how the they do in aircraft.

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess I didn't mean to give the impression that they can't or won't work.  Subarus work also,  but it's hard to beat the light weight and proven performance of a 912.  Also mounts and such are more readily available.  Most people right away cite the cost of the 912 when they are looking at alternative engines, but the price on used 912s are probably comparable to the conversion engines.   JImChuk